Breast pumps comparison


Updates:

Only recently did I went to a shop to physically inspect some of the above mentioned pumps, particularly Spectra 3 and Ameda. My sister bought the Spectra3 set from MLO after testing it out at susuibu shop. According to her it was the best choice for her. Works well and within her budget.. She even bought the extension for double breastpump as well and tried it out fine. However, I did noticed that the pump was quite bulky and heavy. It would probably occupy most of the space in my Avent manual pump bag an enough to leave a space for a small bottle. It is quiet though when in action, comparing to Ameda. The Ameda motor pump was much lighter and smaller than Spectra. However, the sound it makes is a bit louder than Spectra.

I didn't really look at Medela Handsfree since I think it is beyond what I had budget. But, seeing how the foreign exchange rate is nowadays (USD vs RM), it is really tempting to buy them from overseas..

One thing the saleslady told me which ticked me off a bit is that electrical pumps needs servicing each year. The pump motor's is the one that need servicing. Is this true? It would be very troublesome if I have to send them my pumps for service since I'm staying all the way up north. Considering the shipping cost and the need to have extra pumps when the electric pump is being service... this is a big drawback for me.. maybe i should find one that can be serviced easily so that I can do it on my own and just buy the replacement part if needed.. I read that one of these pumps can be serviced easily, I just don't remember which one it was.. need to 'google' them.

I found 2 websites that sells pre-order Avent/Medela pumps... They are much cheaper than the other online stores and some also provide warranty service with additional cost:

I haven't decided which one to get yet.. Will wait till the baby is delivered. For now, my choice is narrowed down to either Ameda vs Spectra3. IF I suddenly see a good bargain on Freestyle or IQ Duo, maybe I'll rethink all over again..

No comments:

Post a Comment