Breads

I love baking over the weekends when i'm at home. It started out with doing cakes but then i figured that they are too sweet to take too often.. I always like those bread that you slice and put butter on unlike the white bread commonly sold in stores. However, breads require patience and the ingredients are not commonly found in stores. You really have to go to specialty stores to get them. Good thing I found a couple stores near my place in Bukit Mertajam. I know there's a lot more choice in Kuala Lumpur, but I don't have the time to visit them whenever I'm in KL.

There's this one store that sells all the different type of grains.. wholemeal, rye, multigrain, etc. And they come with recipes too!.. so I bought a couple of them to try out. Here's one of them.. I added additional filling in; red bean paste and kaya. If I have time, I'll post the recipe later..








Wholemeal Bread Mix:

Ingredients:
A.
Wholemeal Flour New Zealand - 100 gm
High protein flour - 400 gm
salt - 5 gm
milk powder - 20 gm
brown sugar - 45 gm
bread improver - (1 tsp) 4 gm
yeast - (1 tbsp) 11 gm
cold water - 280 gm

B. Butter - 45 gm

Instructions:
1. Mixa ll (A) ingredients until even at low speed. Add (B), mix for 15 min until elastic. Rest 45-60 min or until double in size. Press out the air, round into ball, rest for 15 min.
2. Then, cut it into 60 gm pieces, round into ball, rest for 10 min. Make into shape
3. Proof the dough for 45 min or double the size
4. Preheat oven at 190 degree celcius and bake for around 15 min

note: I added the filling in step 2 before shaping them

No comments:

Post a Comment